For the final outcome of this project I am going to need a lot of shoes so I have got 2 of my own pairs of shoes and also 4 pairs off of my friends and a pair off of my brother. When I got the shoes off of them I asked them a few questions so I would have a basic idea on how to produce the designs on their shoes.
I asked each person the following questions:
- What is the most prominent memory you have while wearing these shoes?
- Can you describe this memory to me and anything specific that stands out?
- If you can’t think of a specific memory is there a journey you remember going on with these shoes that you can describe to me?
I only asked these 3 questions for now as I wanted the designing with them to be an ongoing process where I can get their feedback as I go through the design stages.
Here are the answers to the questions for each person in note form and also my answers for my pairs of shoes (not all answered question 3 as it was not necessary) –
Ben Jesty –
- Plymbridge woods in the summer.
- Walking through the woods by the bridge and looking over the river and also standing under the viaduct.
Emily Parton –
- Disneyland Paris with my family.
- Slipping over in front of everyone and laughing about it.
Paris Netherton –
- Knee Deep Festival 2016
- Going to the glitter bar and getting covered in glitter as well as all the lights and tents.
Brad Dean –
3. Skating all summer and learning new tricks.
Mat Smith –
3. Exploring lots of new places through autumn.
Me no.1 –
- Skateboarding over summer as well as exploring a huge abandoned building
- Learning tre flips on my skateboard and looking at the abandoned building in the torch light.
Me no.2 –
3. Playing pokemon go all summer.